In government contracting, allocating indirect costs to projects is a mix of art and science. In our Indirect Cost Pools and Rates in Deltek Costpoint 7 course, we'll explain what government regulations affect your business and show you how to categorize and allocate indirect costs in Excel. Once you've learned the the basics of rate calculations, we'll apply these concepts to rate calculations in Costpoint.This two-day training course is held at our offices in Tysons Corner, Virginia and carries 12 CPE credits upon completion. Your registration includes hands-on access to our Costpoint 7 training database, along with a student manual.
Upcoming course dates:
- Check back soon for upcoming course dates!
Learning objectives for this course include:
- Defining direct and indirect costs
- Describing indirect rate calculations
- Listing common types of indirect costs
- Describing costs commonly found in Fringe, Overhead, and General & Administrative cost pools
- Discussing the applicability of different allocation bases
- Describing the difference between pools and service centers
- Describing how one pool flow can affect another
- Setting up new cost pools
- Calculating indirect rates
- Reconciling the Statement of Indirect Expenses to the Income Statement
Indirect Cost Pools and Rates in Deltek Costpoint 7 is a two-day basic level course and does not require a prerequisite or advance preparation.