Insight Session: Designing Your Own Extensibility in Costpoint 7
Extensibility allows you to extend Costpoint beyond its original design. With Costpoint 7.0.1 and Extensibility Designer, you can add new data elements to screens and have them validated. Then, you can use these new fields or data elements to:
- Select just your projects
- Assign employees to workforce using Project Labor Categories (PLCs)
- Utilize new employee types, such a material handler
- If you have a policy on project numbers, now the rule can be enforced before the project is saved and created.
- If you integrate with another system that requires an additional field, now you can have that field available in Costpoint, so that all the data entered and accessed in one location
- If you have a special employee type, now you can filter on that to quickly and accurate select the people you need.
With Costpoint 7 and Extensibility, we can now solve many of your business challenges that were out of reach before. Whether you need to share data from Costpoint with another application or you need to assign the right employees to your projects – extensibility can help. Extensibility “extends” Costpoint to better meet your needs.
During this session, we will be going through the nuts and bolts of designing and implementing Extensibility solutions in Costpoint as well as demonstrating existing Extensibility solutions. If you’re planning to implement an extensibility solution anytime soon, you won’t want to miss it.
Please join me on Thursday, Oct. 17th, 8:30 AM – Forth Worth 3 -4 – Ballroom Level for: Designing Your Own Extensibility in Costpoint 7.
*As an added treat, we will also be distributing Starbucks coffee gift cards to those that attend!