Deltek Costpoint Optimizations
NeoSystems specializes in assisting government contractors using Deltek Costpoint in optimizing their system by assessing the current utilization of the system, feasibility of unused modules, and new functionality that could allow the company to streamline their system processing. We have experience with diverse accounting, reporting and database systems and tools on numerous platforms.
Our optimization services include:
- System Optimization Review
- Module Specific Review
- Extensibility Development and Implementation
- Implementation of 3rd party tools integrating with Costpoint
- Implementation of unused Costpoint Functionality
Our Costpoint System Optimization Process
Here are some of the steps we take to optimize your Costpoint system:
- Interviews with functional leads – These interviews will determine the current processes of the organization and explore opportunities for improvement with those closest to day-to-day operations.
- Review Costpoint system controls – We will review key controls set up in the Company’s financial system and identify potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Review configuration logic – Basic configuration of Costpoint is an often-overlooked area that may open new paths to streamlining business processes and procedures.
- Run financial reports and utilities – NeoSystems will review standard Costpoint reports and utilities to ensure basic expectations are being met and identify potential issues that may uncover underlying problems.
- Compare customization versus unused Costpoint functionality – Many companies have developed customized in-house solutions to specific needs years ago that may now be addressed by native Costpoint functionality. We will review those customizations for any such native Costpoint solutions or where other additional software solutions may be utilized for a specific purpose.
- Document findings and recommendations – Our final deliverable will be a comprehensive report detailing the results of all the steps above and providing potential and recommended options for a path forward to optimize the financial system that meets the needs of the Company.